Urgent Position (within one week)
- In overseeing the identification, development, and production of new products for an organization.
- Must ensure ideas are both technically and commercially viable.
- In a variety of industries, including manufacturing companies.
- Typically work full-time in an office setting, but may also spend time in manufacturing facilities.
-Drives the development process from idea to implementation to ensure products meet customers' needs.
-Other job duties can include determining cost efficient production methods, overseeing the layout of product innovation test equipment onproduction floors, and ensuring that new products are in compliance with federal regulations.
- May collaborate with executive management to better understand an organization's target market and overall business strategy.
- They may also conduct customer research activities to determine gaps in service.
- Can oversee the creation of research and development technical literature and the transition to product development personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Creativity, Strong Interpersonal Skills and Excellence Analytical Abilities
-A bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or an engineering field to work as a product innovation manager with some employers preferring a master's degree.
-Relevant work experience within a research and development department will be beneficial.
-A professional organization like the Product Development and Management Association.
-The organization is the only one of its kind that focuses on the full life cycle of product development and management activities, chief among them innovation.
- Creativity is one of the most essential skills for a product innovation manager,
- responsible for developing new products for an organization.
- Product innovation managers must have a strong understanding of customers' needs in order to develop products to meet those needs.
-Should also have strong interpersonal skills in order to collaborate with research and development or marketing personnel and organizational stakeholders.
-Product innovation managers will need excellent analytical abilities to utilize market trends and customer data in their development of new products.
Individuals considering a career as a product innovation manager might also be interested in one of the related careers profiled below.
They offer candidates the opportunity to utilize their skills in other technical or creative positions.