Manager, Procurement Estimator
• Perform conceptual estimates based on limited information.
• Apply unit pricing techniques. Maintain an historical database. Prepare construction budgets.
• Establish and maintain budget control over trades during estimating and preconstruction phases of the project.
• Provide value engineering solutions including cost/schedule implications.
• Provide estimating input on projects at various stages of design development.
• Represent Alutiiq to subcontractors through management of the estimating process, including solicitation of bids and construct-ability input.
• Review purchase requisitions for clarity, compliance, detail, completeness, and obtain additional information considered necessary.
• Review bid packages, negotiates prices and terms, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up on orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records.
• Perform and comprehend price analyses, source selection/justification.
• Confer with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
• Prepares orders and follows up on orders to expedited delivery and shipment.
• Participate in the invoice approval process to ensure that supplier invoices are in accordance with purchase order terms and conditions, and resolve issues as necessary.
• Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
• Develops and maintains necessary records and files for efficient operation.
• CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY experience desired.
• Establish project budgets for all assigned projects
• Manage project bidding process for construction, materials and equipment.
• Manage the procurement of all store fixtures and equipment
• Produce project bid documents.
• Review and analysis of submitted bids.
• Review of submitted payment requests and change orders.
• Minimum 5 years project cost estimating experience in fit out and new build projects
• Degree in Construction Management, Finance, Accounting or Cost Engineering
• Ability to use Microsoft office programs, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Must speak, read and write English