Duties and responsibilities
- Develop curriculum planning, schemes of work, detail lesson plans and assessment materials in accordance
with the established standard procedures of the school to create student-centered learning environment.
- Marking students’ work and provide appropriate feedback, encouraging and monitoring the progress of
individual students and use this information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Prepare classrooms for class activities and ensure classroom’s decoration, cleanliness and maintenance
of the facilities, raising students awareness with their investment.
- Maintain discipline by undertaking appropriate response or action in accordance with the rules and
disciplinary systems of the school.
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of students to
- Demonstrate effective contribution in working with students from diverse cultural, economic, ability and
- Manage and Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs,
campaigns and others as directed by the school.
- Contribute in other learning and development aspects of the students, such as, PSHE, Citizenship, Moral,
Cultural and Traditional values, promoting the all-round development of the students.
- Register students, accompany them to assemblies, encourage their full attendance and their participation in
other aspects of school life.
- Report to designated person about any difficulties in your work and make recommendations or
advices as to how these may be resolved.
- Follow teacher’s codes of conduct and act with professionalism all the time.
- Endeavour to give every child the opportunity to reach their potential and meet high expectations.
- Contribute to the corporate life of the school through effective participation in meetings and management
systems necessary to coordinate the management of the school.
- Undergoing regular observations and evaluation and show positive reflection towards appraisal feedbacks.
- Participate in regular in-service training as part of continuing professional development (CPD).
- Take part in marketing and liaison activities such as Open house, Parents Evenings and other events with
- Take responsibility and show accountability for any other duties as assigned by the school.
- Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a supervisor to undertake work of
a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
It is understood that areas of responsibility are from time to time subject to review and are negotiable in the light of the needs of the school and the professional development of the staff.
In addition, it may be amended at any time after consultation with you.
Male/Female Job Requirements
Qualifications : A degree plus 2 years teaching experience
(Having international teacher training certificate will be an advantage.)
Other skills : Must be fluent in English
(Having Computer skills will be an advantage.)
Working Hours – 8:00 am to 3:00 pm (Monday to Friday)
- The Job post is for both locals and foreigners.
- Salary may be negotiated on individual basis.
- Applicants must bring a CV and originals of qualifications on the day of interview. What We Can Offer
Rewards for good performance, Bonus Highlights
Fun Working environment, Make a difference Career Opportunities
Training provided, Learn new Skills on the job, Promotion opportunities. About Our Company
SDEC was established in 1999. SDEC started with a small pre-school class and since then, it has gained the trust and support of the people. Today, we have become one of the popular private international schools in Myanmar providing quality education. SDEC is running pre-school, kindergarten, primary and secondary schools with expert and well-qualified teachers. SDEC also has Weekend English Proficiency Classes and IGCSE Exam Preparation Classes. SDEC prescribes UK and Singapore Syllabuses. There are two semesters in one academic year, commencing from May to February. More jobs from this employer