Frontend software engineer is responsible for evaluating and transforming UI/UX requirements into a working product. His or her work directly influences how users will interact with the system. He or she works hard to stay on top of fast changing technology and invests a lot of energy in learning new tricks. He or she is not only caught up on industry trends in design pattern and development frameworks but also knows what the near future will bring. He or she loves clean interfaces and has a passion for great user experiences. Great front end software engineer will also have basic understanding of user interaction, behavior, backend programming and will be willing to learn more to help backend developers write APIs that will help him deliver a great product.
• Design/Build applications according to the requirements with feedback and suggest tradeoffs when required
• Ensure the design and code follows latest practices and industry standards
• Work closely with backend developers to understand and properly use the systems APIs
• Write both unit and integration tests, and develop automation tools for daily tasks
• Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
Knowledge & Skills
• Past experience as a frontend developer
• Sound understanding of user behavior pattern and experiences in UI/UX design
• Illustrate ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
• Knowledge of Object-Oriented programing
• Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts and align organization on decisions
• Utilizes team collaboration to create innovative solutions efficiently
• Passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging / disruptive technologies
• Wants to unleash inner self-starter and work in an environment that fosters entrepreneurial minds
• Believes in culture of brutal transparency and trust
• Open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge skillset
Education & Special Training
• Completion of tertiary qualifications in a business or related field such as Bachelor of Computer Science or Information Systems or Business, Management, Commerce.
• Strong understanding of Agile methodologies
• Experience as a designer/developer on an agile team preferred
• Experience in the Banking is a plus
• Working proficiency in Myanmar and English.
What We Can Offer
- Annual Performance Bonus
- OT Payment
- Ferry Provided
- An awesome company
- Join a winning team
- You can make a difference
- Opportunities for promotion
- Possibility for job training
- Learn new skills and techniques
About Our Company
Yoma Bank is one of Myanmar’s largest private banks, with 2000 employees and more than 50 branches nationwide. The Bank was founded by Mr Serge Pun and its first branch was opened in August 1993 in front of the iconic Aung San Stadium in Yangon.
Yoma Bank has invested heavily in technology to optimize its nationwide branch network and is recognized for its efficient remittance services. It was the first bank in Myanmar to use a computerized accounting system, and pioneered wireless banking communications. By 2003 Yoma Bank had grown to be one of the biggest banks in the country with 41 branches in 24 cities providing secure and efficient banking services nationwide.
In 2003, Myanmar experienced a financial crisis which had a significant impact on the banking industry. This led to the closure of many private banks while Yoma Bank's business activities were severely limited and had to sustain on domestic remittances. Yoma Bank’s remittance service still remains to be the most reliable and trusted in the country.
A new chapter began in August, 2012 when Yoma Bank regained its full banking license. With more than 50 branches across Myanmar, the Bank strives to become a leading SME Bank in Myanmar. With more than twenty years’ experience in Myanmar’s financial sector, Yoma Bank is well positioned to support the continued growth of the Country in this period of transition.
More jobs from this employer