Overall Responsibility (Job Summary):
The role of a Senior Quantity Surveyor (QS) is responsible for providing Quantity Surveying skills for architectural, ID and FF&E works.
1. Estimating project costs including preparing detailed Cost Plan
2. Procurement / Sub-Contractor award including preparing Requests for Proposals (RFP), Scopes of Works (SoW), bid clarifications, tender questionnaires, tender recommendations, price / cost comparisons, negotiating and drafting Contracts.
3. Sourcing quotations from domestic and international Suppliers, Consultants and Contractors.
4. Contract drafting and administration including preparing Contracts, collating comments from across the PM team, assessing interim payment applications (progress claims), variations / claims, Extensions of Time (EoT) and Final Accounts. Also reviewing and responding to Contractual claims, preparation and issue of letters, notices and contractual correspondence to Clients and / or Contractors to assist the Project Manager in the prevention and settlement of contractual disputes.
5. Proactive cost control for projects including transparent and competitive procurement and contractual administration / management processes.
6. Proactively identifies inefficiencies in existing operations, procedures, documentation and systems, suggests solutions to these issues, discusses with management and is actively involved in addressing the same.
- A tertiary-level qualification is preferred.
- Experience with FIDIC suite of Contracts and RICS rules of measurement is preferred.
- High level of computer literacy, in particular with MS Excel and MS Word.
- A good standard of written English including a good understanding of Contractual terms and their implications and obligations.
What We Can Offer
* Group Medical Policy
* Make a difference
* Join an experienced team
* Training provided
* Learn new skills on the job
More jobs from this employer