• Conducting SUM’s instructional programmes and related academic events and providing caring services for assigned students.
• Planning, implementing, and evaluating learning programmes, lessons, and activities according to Speak UP’s programmes and methodology.
a. Plan, deliver, and evaluate effective and engaging lessons (First Class, Progress Follow Up Class), workshops, progress follow up and events based on the materials provided by Speak UP’s programs and methodology.
b. Improve students’ communicative abilities through on-going reinforcement and assessment.
c. Conduct other classes when assigned, including substituting for classes or teachers.
d. Collaborate with SUM’s staffs and managers to support students’ academic needs and centres’ operations.
e. Review students’ coursework assignments whenever necessary.
a. Motivate students using Speak UP’s state-of-the-art learning management system, including engaging with students whenever possible.
b. Take care of assigned students by regularly monitoring, reporting, and consulting, based on students’ Academic reports.
c. Contribute to the development of the curriculum by providing feedback to managers regarding teaching materials, Multimedia lessons, Student Books.
d. Conduct Personal Mentor’s tasks as required by Speak UP’s Learning Management System.
e. Support management in organizing weekly activities when assigned.
f. Participate in daily/weekly/monthly learning activities to support students (Lab, English Zone).
g. Participate in SUM’s sponsored programmes and activities.
h. Communicate effectively with all stakeholders (students, managers, staff) at SUM.
i. Perform other tasks assigned by Learning Manager and Director of Studies.
• Bachelor degree level or above.
• Relevant professional qualifications, ESL Teacher Training Certification – TESOL, TEFL, CELTA etc.
• Experience in teaching communication courses for adults.
• Customer-centric attitude.
• Well-developed presentation, facilitation and communication skills.
• Experience of online or blended learning an advantage.
• Advanced Proficiency in English, IELTS level 6 preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Email.
• Participate in development and training that can enhance teaching techniques outside of SUM’s provided training.
• Follow SUM dress code.
What We Can Offer
- Rewards for over performance
- International standard
- Training provided
- Learn new Skills on the job
- Promotion opportunities
- Management potential
About Our Company
Speak Up uses a management system which allows every single student to have his/her own learning schedule. They can book any classes that suit their free time and cancel it when busy and receive a make-up later. This means for busy working adults they will not miss any lessons which affect the training quality. Also they can learn English at anytime, anywhere all over the world as long as there is internet connection for multimedia lessons (MML).
And because the MML helps students gain more knowledge about the language/structure/pronunciation etc. they have more chance to practice English in teacher led classes. “Practice makes perfect”. That’s why Speak Up students have been very happy with the method for over the past 15 years and makes this unique method become the most successful in Europe. We will have 50-50 foreign - Myanmar teachers: the higher level the more ratio of foreign teacher will be allocated. Moreover, there is a quite good sales and marketing process having been developed for over 15 years and finally we are trained to do it.
More jobs from this employer