The Country Cluster IT Transformation project transfers the day-today operation of ML IT activities away from the Country Clusters to central ML IT management. To ensure regional business areas have strong, focused IT management and representation, a lean empowered Account Management team has been created based in each of the regions. The Workspace Management (WSM) Technician roles are a part of that team and will be specifically responsible for the provision of onsite WSM support to our business customers.
• Provide onsite support to Maersk Line and other APMM Business Units (as appropriate) for incidents that are assigned to the WSM team and/or cannot be resolved remotely
• Desktop management
• Install / Move / Add / Change / Decommission support for IT equipment (PCs, Laptops, Printers, Servers)
• Support and advice for Facilities Management/Office Services regarding office move planning
• Support Hardware and Software asset management/tracking/auditing for devices not connected to the network and according to Maersk Line global processes
• LAN cabling troubleshooting
• On-call support for critical incidents outside of normal business hours and emergency situations as part of Business Continuity Plan requirements
• Support for other locations/offices as appropriate (geographical scope for service coverage to be confirmed – this will require some travel)
• Ensure that Maersk Line IT standard processes are followed for services provided
• Provide a best in class service to our business customers.
• Provide VIP support to selective customers as per SLA and agreement
• Procure requested hardware according to Maersk purchasing procedures
• Support general OS/MS Office/other application running problems or corruptions
• Act as local project co-ordinator for hardware/software upgrades, country cluster and/or regional consolidation activities and other agreed technical projects.
• Together with the Technical Operations / Service Manager for the Region, assist with the resolution of 2nd level escalations as part of the standard escalation process.
• Assist the Maersk Line IT and business customers in identifying shortfalls in service delivery and implementing improvements or short term workarounds for same
• Coordinate with hardware vendors in case of hardware failures or upgrades (PCs, Laptops, Printers, Telephony) and manage through to resolution
• Management of equipment servicing through Maersk appointed vendors
• Close liaison with Global Service Desk (GSC), GCC and other Centre and/or remote IT support groups
We are looking for
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (XP)
• Thorough knowledge of APMM / Maersk Line standard desktop software including MS Office, Exchange/Outlook, IBM Personal Communications, MCS front-end etc.
• PC hardware and peripheral troubleshooting skills (including IP printers)
• Basic server and network troubleshooting skills
• Knowledge of File and Print services
• Knowledge of Active Directory
• APMM / Maersk Line IT global architecture framework and standards
• Maersk Line IT processes and organisation
• ML Business awareness
• Change management awareness
• Risk Management awareness
• Understanding of basic Service Delivery concepts (ITIL)
• Project co-ordination
• Time management
• Effective communication
• People skills
• Customer service
What We Can Offer
- 13th Month of Salary
- Performance Bonus
- Overtime Payment
• Play a part in major global organisational improvement project
• Help implement global standard IT processes for service and support
About Our Company
Maersk is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.
More jobs from this employer