The field office manager is responsible for overall management of a field office. This position is target-driven and the holder will support / lead Regional Lead/ Technical Services Lead to achieve the challenging DALY/ donor targets assigned to the region according to the SAOPs of CHSBU. This position is also accountable for overall advocacy for smooth implementation of activities. He or she is also responsible for overall guidance and support to the operation teams and Finance and Program Support teams in assigned territory covered by office by improving coordination and communication between CHS BU and PSI Myanmar HQ. He/ she is also accountable that the program implementation and activities are in compliance with government, donor and PSI Myanmar internal policy and regulations. He/ she also will be responsible for SLA (to provide services) to other BUs.
DUTY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities of Field Office Manager – Yangon Office include:
• Representing PSI/Myanmar and conducting effective regional and national level advocacy in the states and regions that fall under this position.
• Facilitating and supporting effective communication between different business units and liaising in order to implement effectively in the field.
• Setting annual objectives for subordinates (direct supervisees) and responsible for semi-annual and annual performance review of staff under direct supervision.
• Coaching and mentoring subordinates in identifying training needs, and working with capacity development staff at the headquarters level to develop and implement capacity building plans;
• Contributing to the annual operational planning for CHSBU by providing input/knowledge and creative insight as well as by supporting team to prepare draft of regional targets.
• Working with the Head of Operations (Lower Myanmar) to support the development a regional annual work plan and budget based on achieving the annual work plan.
• Working with the team to identify and communicate human and physical resource requirements for the regions to achieve marketing plan objectives;
• Regularly reviewing the implementation of the regional/state level work plans, and being responsible for the timely expenditure of the annual budget in line with the authority matrix.
• Regularly analyzing efficiency and effectiveness of regional operations and suggesting/identifying areas of potential cost saving/cost optimization;
• Supporting 'risk mitigation' for PSI/Myanmar by identifying and communicating issues that could create risks for the organization;
• Reporting field knowledge and inputs and giving feedback on draft donor proposals when required.
• Identifying success stories, and lessons learnt, and working with the project management department to document these for donors;
• Lead the teams to consider expansion or discontinuation of areas in line with donor funding and provide strategic management ahead to achieve goals.
• Conducting supervision of field activities as required to ensure consistency of operations and quality standards of interventions across the entire region;
• Reviewing and responding to issues raised in monthly reports of team in timely and positive manner;
• Coordinate and provide support to staffs from SUN and SE business units in line with signed SLA (Service Level Agreement).
• Exceptional leadership and management skills coupled with a quizzical mind
• Exceptional knowledge of PSI operations, programs and systems
• University Degree (MPH/ MBA/ MPA or equivalent is a plus but not necessary)
• Experience in managing complex development projects