We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our analytics team. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
Responsibilities for Data Engineer
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
• Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
• Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Qualifications for Data Engineer
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
• Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
What We Can Offer
- An awesome company
- Join a winning team
- You can make a difference
- Opportunities for promotion
- Possibility for job training
- Learn new skills and techniques
About Our Company
Born in Myanmar, Mr Serge Pun immigrated to Beijing in 1965 and subsequently to Hong Kong where in1983, after working in the property industry for many years, he founded the Serge Pun & Associates Group in Hong Kong as a real estate developer. In the early 1990’s Mr Pun and members of his family returned to Myanmar and founded SPA (Myanmar) Ltd. (“SPA”). Today there are 40 operating companies under SPA’s umbrella, including three flagship public companies – First Myanmar Investment Co., Ltd. (“FMI”), Yoma Strategic Holdings Ltd. (“Yoma Strategic”) and Memories Group Ltd. (“Memories”).
In 2015, FMI became the first company to list on the Yangon Stock Exchange with Yoma Strategic and Memories listing on the Singapore Stock Exchange in 2006 and 2018 respectively. Collectively the businesses focus on six key sectors, namely Real Estate, Financial Services, Healthcare, Consumer, Automotive & Heavy Equipment and Tourism. The Group also manages a portfolio of other investments.
The Group’s list of international partners includes many distinguished international organisations and renowned brands in sectors like Finance (IFC, ADB, Wave Money), Real Estate (Mitsubishi Corporation, Mitsubishi Estate, The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels), Consumer (Pernod Rickard, Yum! Brands, Metro Group, Kokubu & Co), telecommunications towers (edotco), power generation (Norfund), and in Automotive & Heavy Equipment (Mitsubishi Corporation, Sumitomo Corporation, Volkswagen, Ducati, New Holland, and JCB).
About Yoma Strategic
Listed on the Main Board of the Singapore Securities Exchange Trading Limited (SGX-ST), Yoma Strategic is a leading business corporation with a diversified portfolio of businesses in Real Estate, Consumer, Automotive & Heavy Equipment, Financial Services and Investments in Myanmar.
Together with its partner, the SPA Group, Yoma Strategic is taking a conglomerate approach to build a diversified portfolio of businesses in Myanmar. The Company was ranked in the top 5% of the Governance and Transparency Index 2017, ranked 26th out of top 100 largest Singapore companies in the ASEAN Corporate Governance Scorecard 2017 and won the Best Managed Board (Gold) Award at the Singapore Corporate Awards in 2016.
FMI is one of Myanmar's largest public companies with over 8,000 shareholders and an unbroken track record of profitability and dividend payments since inception in 1992. FMI’s current focus is on its “four pillar” strategy of investing in the Financial Services, Real Estate, Tourism and Healthcare sectors. FMI became the first company to be listed on the Yangon Stock Exchange on 25, March 2016.
More jobs from this employer