• In order to develop and implement BIM, Shwe Taung engineering & Construction need to engage the services of BIM Leader/ Manager based in Yangon for a fixed term appointment with strong backgrounds in Design, Drafting or Engineering Production plus BIM Management.
o To establish and set clear directions on the modelling guidelines, collaboration procedures and BIM execution plans of projects and drive the BIM delivery for both Property and Infrastructure related projects.
o To provide technical guidance for setting up and execution of projects to required BIM standards and methodologies and collaboration platforms.
o Responsible for providing leadership to and monitoring the BIM skill building within the team.
o Responsible for developing and implementing BIM workflow and communicates the benefits of BIM within and outside the company.
o To support each project team by managing and creating content library files and templates, creating and enforcing standards, and evaluating project models
o Leadership on BIM projects
Provide BIM leadership on Property and Infrastructure projects with respect to setting up the project on standard digital design delivery methods and procedures for information management and automation
Continuously following standard BIM delivery protocols for coordination and design validation and signing off the BIM quality of models during final submission
Create and manage content libraries for families/components for reuse in projects
Help resolve BIM related issues and trouble shoot whenever necessary
Manage and distribute coordinated digital documents to the project team
Coordinate needed hardware upgrades with IT
Communicate with subcontractors to receive, coordinate and update all electronic Models
Linking BIM to the project Construction Administration Phase for submittals, construction models, shop drawings and schedules (4D to 7D BIM)
o To manage and coordinate BIM standards development, implementation, and enforcement on all related BIM projects, files and models
o To maintain high level of competency of software through continued use, training and assist project team on the implementation of BIM soft wares
o Managing Risks, budgets, Programme, Scope and Changes in projects
o Manage productivity and staff utilization of team by winning new BIM work
o Mentor and provide BIM leadership to further enhance and update the BIM capabilities within the team
o Report on the company’s current and projected state in regards to BIM implementation
o Create upgrade and deployment strategies for the BIM implementation effort
BIM Software/ Hardware Support
o Manage software products including but not limited to incorporating new version releases, maintaining legacy software and customizing software for specific firm needs
o Provide software/hardware and network support as it relates to BIM production
o Liaison with IT and technology support staff for procurement of software/hardware and troubleshooting problems.
o Advise on the procurement of necessary BIM platform and software to support the company long term BIM objectives
o Responsible for BIM standards development, implementation, and enforcement
o Creation and maintenance of the software template files to assure standards
o Provide quality control for completeness and adherence to company standards of all shop drawings produced
o Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow process standards
o Train and oversee the day-to-day activities of BIM Specialists to ensure BIM standards are maintained in the creation of BIM models
o Ensure that staff are undergoing skill building through suitable trainings and keep BIM competency matrices updated for all staff in a given discipline
o Provide fundamental and intermediate training to Design staff on all BIM software
o Conduct continuing education on BIM processes and its new technologies
o Provide technical orientation to new hires regarding BIM tools
o Test and evaluate new hires skills in BIM
o Maintain high level of competency of software through continued use and training
o Attend conferences, seminars, and workshops for BIM; bringing back learning and disseminating the information to appropriate teams
o Support project standards coordination with customers
o Assist on project work modeling and detailing
o Assist project teams in BIM project setup
o Create Revit families in response to project need
o Help resolve BIM design issues
o Manage and distribute coordinated digital documents to the project team
o Coordinate needed hardware upgrades with IT
o Communicate with subcontractors to receive, coordinate and update all electronic models
o Link BIM to the project construction administration phase for submittals, construction models, shop drawings and schedules
o Productivity and staff utilization through continuous pipeline of work
Ensure that there is continuous pipeline of BIM opportunities by engaging with Clients on new bids and providing proposals and estimates for new work.
Ensure that all staff are allocated on productive projects
Track productivity reports sent by Project Control Team to keep productivity levels controlled for BIM team
• Ability to work in a variety of construction environments such as Building Projects, Hydropower Projects, Bridge Projects, Road Projects
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree of Civil Engineering, preferred Master Degree
• 5+ years’ experience in design, drafting or engineering production plus BIM management in an A/E/C firm
• Superior in-depth working knowledge of Revit, good knowledge of AutoCAD, and a skilled user of digital technology tools
• Must understand the practice of architecture, project delivery, and construction methods
• Must be a self-starter and possess the drive to pursue continued education on BIM and related technologies
• Passion for design technologies and skilled in the development of technologies and practices to increase user effectiveness
• Must possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others
• Extremely service oriented and highly approachable with commitment to helping others
• Good interpersonal skills and very comfortable and effective working with others in a team environment
• Ability to use time productively, maximizes efficiency, and meets work goals
• Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Interoffice travel and conference and seminar attendance may be required
• Autodesk products and tools- Revit, Civil 3D, Infra-works, Autocad
• Bentley products and tools- MicroStation 3D, MicroStation Inroads
• Coordination tools: Navisworks and Solibiri
• Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, etc)
• BIM for FM Softwares
• IES – Integrated Environmental Solutions (Other energy modeling are desirable)
• Autodesk Building Ops
• Autodesk Field
• Cloud Analytics – (Azure, AWS, Predix, SAP)
• Fluent in English
• Flexible, patient, respectful
What We Can Offer
About Our Company
We are one of the largest construction companies in Myanmar with extensive experience and ability to deliver cutting edge sustainable solutions.
We deliver landmark projects that help build the new Myanmar.
We are Myanmar’s leading infrastructure company. We provide infrastructure and energy solutions that enable growth in Myanmar.
Our expertise is in energy, roads and bridges, geotechnical engineering .
One of the first major players in Myanmar’s energy sector, we were the sole supplier of roller-compacted concrete (RCC) for the Yeywa Hydropower Project, the third largest RCC dam in the world with installed capacity of 790 MW. Our portfolio of hydropower projects includes Upper Paunglaung near Naypidaw, Thahtay and Ann in Rakhine State, Upper Yeywa in Southern Shan State, and Baluchaung No. 3.
We have extensive experience in the construction of highways, roads, bridges and flyovers all over Myanmar. We constructed the Yangon-Mandalay highway, the Sagaing-Monywa Highway and the Ohtaw-Shwe Bo Highway, providing intra-city connectivity. In the bridges sector, we build the Upper Yeywa Bridge and the Shwe Li (3) Bridge. Within Yangon, we constructed the Hledan Flyover and the Tamwe Flyover, enhancing connectivity for residents and visitors alike in the capital.
We have state-of-the-art geotechnical engineering capabilities that includes tunnel construction, press piling, bore piling, retaining wall construction work and mining work. We provided geotechnical engineering work for the Shwegyin Hydropower Project, construction of the tunnel in Kun Hydropower project, and carried out bore piling for four of the five construction projects along the Ayeyarwaddy Bridge – Sinkhan, Pakokku, Yadanar Theinga and Nyaung Done.
We have a track record of successful collaboration with international agencies on infrastructure development. We won the tender called by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and constructed three roads under the poverty reduction scheme for regional development, funded by Japan’s Overseas Development Assistance. In an international competitive bidding process, we won the tender for the Mau Bin – Kyait Lat – Pya Pon road project funded by the Asian Development Bank and are currently constructing the road.
Why you should join us
We make learning and development an integral part of your career through coaching, mentoring, and providing in-house and external learning opportunities. Our employees have access to various learning opportunities that strengthen and update their technical and professional expertise and personal development. We are always on the lookout for our new generation of leaders!
More jobs from this employer