As an Area Manager, you’ll oversee Yetagon Farm Advisory Services (FAS) operations in three to four townships. You will support and coach Township Coordinators, Extension Officers, Field Operation Associates, Bookkeepers and Data Analysts across multiple Branch offices. Working closely with the team in Yangon, you will help in operations plan and execute strategies for each Township, offering “best-fit” agricultural techniques to farmers. While working to achieve ambitious targets, the results mean increased in incomes of thousands of farm families.
What You Will Do
- Optimize and oversee Township-level operations to ensure efficiency and the best delivery of services.
- Research, prototype and implement KPI’s for tracking the performance of Township teams.
- Play a role in designing, executing and leading creative and effective agricultural knowledge trainings for the staff.
- Assist leaders in making educated decisions regarding new services, expansion and recruitments.
- Collaborate with different teams on initiatives that create positive impact.
What You should have
- You are a natural leader with proven management experience.
- You are a clear communicator.
- You can explain anything to just about anyone.
- You are data-minded and have an uncommon ability for analytical thinking.
- You have the excellent problem-solving abilities. Ideally, you have a background in agriculture and you’re passionate about supporting innovative projects that improve the lives of thousands of low-income farmers in Myanmar.
What benefits do we offer
1. Competitive salary with medical benefits
2. Nearly limitless opportunities for professional growth & career development
3. Talented, forward-thinking colleagues
4. World-class training opportunities through our Proximity School
5. Chance to build a unique, nationwide operation in a frontier market
6. Amazing office environment with in-house café
7. Potential for international travel to conferences & special events
8. Annual performance bonuses
9. Change lives for the better, doing groundbreaking, unprecedented work in Myanmar
About Proximity Designs Proximity Designs is an award-winning social business in Myanmar. We design and deliver affordable, income-boosting products that complement the entrepreneurial spirit of rural families. Launched in 2004, we’ve created Myanmar’s largest agricultural services platform — farm technology, advising and finance — to help small family farms be profitable. Across our platform, we’re now engaging with over 100,000 new customers a year, on top of the 550,000 we’ve already served. These families see an average of $250 annual income increase as a result — a life-changing amount for those living on less than $3 a day. By using human-centered design, we listen, observe and learn from our customers. From this deep knowledge, we design and bring to market products and services to meet their changing needs. Today the scope of our network reaches nearly 80 percent of the farming population. We have customers in the Ayeyarwady Delta, Lower Myanmar, the central Dry Zone and the Shan hills.