We are in search of an enthusiastic, hard-working, and organized individual to join Doh Eain as an Accountant and HR Officer. The successful applicant will report directly to the CFO.
The Accountant and HR Officer will be responsible for the smooth running of the Doh Eain Office by taking care of the daily bookkeeping, cash management and other administrative tasks including some day to day HR duties. The ideal candidate should have a few years of experience in accounting and should be proficient in the use of the accounting software Xero. The role offers a lot of opportunities for growth for the right candidate as Doh Eain is rapidly expanding. Candidates with a strong HR background in addition of their accounting skills could see their scope of responsibilities expanded to higher level HR work and be paid accordingly
• Work alongside the CFO to manage the General Ledger, including timely and accurate monthly closings, the review of account balances and the reconciliation of accounts
• Process transactions related to accounts payable and accounts receivable, payroll, fixed assets, depreciation and amortization, and maintain records related to those
• Manage filing and reporting to governmental agencies with regard to staff and any other legal requirements
• Ensure Doh Eain’s compliance with Myanmar tax, rules and regulations and perform any administrative tasks required. Deal with monthly payments for Commercial Tax, Personal Income Tax, Social Security Benefits, and any other tax
• Liaise with auditor for accounting related questions
• Work alongside the CFO and auditor for the end of the year financial reporting to the Tax Office
• Work alongside the CFO to develop and implement and maintain systems and processes that are critical to the daily operation of the organization
• Perform basic HR duties such as maintaining the organization directory and staff record, overseeing sick days and annual leave, conducting new employee orientation, supporting recruitment efforts and participating in the annual employee performance review process
• Work alongside the management to maintain a safe working environment for all the employees and act as first point of contacts for all the employees for any HR related issues and grievances
• Manage the office and work alongside our property maintenance manager
• Provides supplies for the office
• Good knowledge of accounting software Xero
• Good command of Microsoft Office
• Excellent knowledge of Myanmar accounting practices
• Fluent in Burmese and English language, excellent written & verbal communications
• Some knowledge of the HR function is a plus
• A passion for Yangon and urban and community development
• A confident and professional approach and ability to deal with difficult situations
• A high degree of attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently
• Team player
• Positive attitude with a willingness to learn and develop
• Resourcefulness in solving problems
• Efficient with available resources
• Ability to work in a small team and be flexible according to overall needs
What do we offer:
Taking a new approach to heritage conservation and urban renewal, we offer an exciting and innovative environment. You will learn at a very fast pace, while helping grow our organization. We have been well covered in the media so far and this job presents an excellent opportunity to further raise our public profile. There will be space to share and develop your own ideas.
Terms of Employment:
Full time, salaried
3 month probation period
Doh Eain (“Our Home”) is a multi-discipline restoration and placemaking social enterprise based in Yangon, Myanmar. In a world of rapid urbanisation, we endeavor to ensure that our cities are places with cultural identity, and that they are livable, inclusive and sustainable. In this regard, we specialize in preserving heritage, improving public spaces, and organising cultural and social activities that connect people to places.
Founded early 2017, our firm brings together skills in research, participatory design, heritage restoration & construction, as well as cultural programming. Critical to our approach are heritage building owners and neighbourhood residents, with whom we work closely in making explicit the value and potential of existing historical, cultural, social and natural assets in the city. We consider these owners and residents to be the central agents in our design processes, in order to ensure local ownership and impact for long-term project sustainability.
Doh Eain relies on and applies a diversified set of financing methods, working with clients, loans, and grants on revenue and non-revenue generating projects.