For maximum career advantage, everyone should strive to adopt an entrepreneurial mindset - no, this mindset is not only for full-time 'entrepreneurs'. Your entrepreneurial zeal will give you a distinct advantage in your professional life. Here are 5 steps to think more like one:
- Show Passion - Entrepreneurs are famous for being immensely passionate about what they are doing. Passion allows you to be more than you think you can and drive you to your limits. Don't feel stuck in what you are doing: rather, plan how your skill-sets will be relevant in another industry/ department.
- Focus on Building Relationships - Corporate employees are often preoccupied with tasks at hand and forget to focus on customers. You should regards your bosses, colleagues and everybody you interact daily as your customer, and serve them well! Start to consider how best you can satisfy their needs and improve your service.
- Take Ownership of Your Work - Instead of blaming others for mistakes and failure, take responsibility and always find ways to learn from mistakes. Instead of complaining about unfair treatment from team leaders and members, take initiative and be a dependable member of your team.
- Be More Efficient - Entrepreneurs have no tolerance for inefficiency. While you might not be able to do it at the same pace, you still should think about the inefficiencies in your company and address the areas where you can make improvements to the process. It is your golden opportunity for you to create long-term value for the company and shine.
- Embrace Risk for Reward - With more risk comes the better reward. Appetite for risk sets entrepreneurs apart from the average person. Give new ideas a try! You can start by pitching your new ideas or volunteering to take on challenges outside of your comfort zone. The rewards of the risk will be you gaining new skills and approval from senior management of the company.
No matter your position, be an entrepreneur and seize the opportunities to make the role your own!
New Day Jobs hopes you have learned from this article. If you like what you read, click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Htet Arkar Soe is a Yangon based entrepreneur and eco-system builder, currently serving as Startup Consultant at Phandeeyar. He is passionate about solving problems and creating things.
---- The article is adapted, with permission to use from http://wyneemyanmar.com/blog. We thank Wynee Myanmar for their generous support. ----